Before you start driving, make sure that you are comfortable with your physical, mental and emotional state, your vehicle and the conditions in which you will be driving. Don’t drive, if you have doubts about any of them. Driving habits are formed because the same physical actions are required over and over again. If you try to reduce these required actions, it will result in the formation of bad driving habits. The following tips will help you to improve your driving skills.
Tips to improve driving skills
Walk around the vehicle before you enter; look around for any obstacle that might interfere with safe driving. A child may be playing near your car or you may need to move some object. Check your tires and make sure that there are no leaks under the car. Make sure that the mirrors and lights are clean and not broken. Now it’s safe for you to enter the vehiclehttp://drivingtestexperts.com/
Know your vehicle well before you drive it. You should be familiar with all the automobile safety features and controls. Once you are completely familiar with your vehicle, you are ready to begin. Make sure you sit properly behind the wheel. Sit high enough in the driver’s seat to see over the steering wheel and hood. You should be able to see the ground four meters in front of the vehicle. Adjust the seat so your feet reach the pedals easily. If your vehicle has an adjustable headrest, you should make sure it is at the right height. The back of your head should be directly in front of the middle of the headrest to protect you in a collision.
Before starting your engine,
- Remove anything that blocks your view.
- Make sure that you have enough room in the front seat to drive properly and safely.
- Make sure all doors are fully closed and locked.
- Adjust the inside and outside rear view mirrors.
- Make sure you and your passengers are correctly belted.
- Check gauges to assure they work and accurately reflect engine conditions.
- Make sure the wind shield wipers work; there is sufficient cleaning fluid in the reservoir.
- Look behind you when needed; using the mirrors is not enough. You should know the blind spot on your own vehicle.
Look around for pedestrians and oncoming traffic before you start moving; then signal and move into the traffic safely. Keep in mind the concepts of safe, responsible and defensive driving. Smooth driving is the mark of an experthttp://drivingtestexperts.com/